Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Embrace of the Morning Fog

High above and looking down, you are as but ants to my watchful gaze. 
Your world enveloped in the calm of a morning fog, wrapping your fair city as a child is wrapped in a blanket by his mother. Safe, warm, calm. 
But are you calm? Do you hurry about your day, scampering around like mad. Your priorities and focuses are on things so fleeting. Did you stop and appreciate the fog, the peace, the calm? Many of you see me as distant, watching you from afar, interacting only when required as my will dictates. But am I not near as well? Did you feel my presence like a fog moving rough your fair city? Did I hold your heart like a child is held in a warm blanket? Did my presence, like the fog, bring fear into your minds?  Did not the psalmist speak saying "Taste and see that the Lord is good" but yet you move throughout your day either in fear of me, doubt of me, or apathy of my presence. Peace be to you, for I AM good. Peace be to you, for I watch over you. Peace be to you, for I draw near to you and wish you to draw near to me. Peace be to you, for unto you a child is born, called Christ, the King, who will save mankind from all their sins. I do this so that you can draw near to me, and I can hold you in my blanket, and embrace you, like a father holds his child. 


No comments: